[Mimedefang] Problem with load from same host.

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Sun Apr 11 15:03:04 EDT 2004

Hi, Alton,

--On Sunday, April 11, 2004 10:40:04 AM -0700 Alton Yu
<spamass at shocknetwork.com> wrote:

> System is Sunblade 100, 256MB ram, Solaris 8, Sendmail 8.12.11, Mimedefang
> 2.42, Spamassassin 2.42 and ClamAV 0.68.
>
> Problem is that if it gets too many messages at once (maybe over 5), it
> starts choking. Some logging is below.
> Here's my configuration:
> /etc/init.d/mimedefang:
> MX_MINIMUM=2
> MX_MAXIMUM=20

I am not sure of your volumes, so here is a thought.

Have you tried disabling clamav in mimedefang and running clamav-milter?  I
had similar results, i.e., an excessive number of slaves, the last time
that I ran clamav from mimedefang.  After switching to clamav-milter,
mimedefang calmed down and ran much better.

Also, when you have 20 slaves running, I wonder if 256Mb of memory is
enough.

Alex