[Mimedefang] bayesian working?

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Sun Apr 11 14:51:29 EDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>Ben Kamen wrote:
>
>> No no no, what IT needs to tell management is:
>>
>> We have 2 machines... one is way faster than the other... but it still
>> gets bogged... if we want to keep up the war on spam, what we need is
>> TWO really fast machines... ;)
>>
>> Put in terms that make the suits unhappy... then hardware you shall
>> have. hhehehe
>
>    I don't have to tell them anything.  Being the one to run IT, I get
>to manage our budget myself, and there is a third server already on the
>way, so I'm not worried there.  However, that still doesn't answer the
>question of whether I can duplicate the files across all the MXs...

To answer that question... I have done exactly what you were talking
about (run sa-learn on the fast machine and the copy it over to the slow
machine.) I havetn seen any problems.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- You should consider any operational computer to be a security problem --