[Mimedefang] Extremism or just leveling the playing field..

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sun Apr 11 11:22:02 EDT 2004

Well, I did it last night - I wrote an event driven TCL script that
watches the mail log for sendmail's "RCPT Flood" message and then
blackholes the IP address... then, after a user specified time limit, it
will remove the blackhole automatically. Any add/delete actions are
saved in a text file in /tmp in case the system reboots or whatever...
so just run it again and it will fix itself. It's TCL - EVERYONE should
be able to make sense of it.

If anyone would like a copy... feel free to contact me off the list.

My only request if you're going to use it is not to laugh at my
programming. I'm not a programmer.. I'm a hardware guy who programs at
gunpoint. ;)

  -Ben