[Mimedefang] RAMdisk on solaris

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Fri Apr 9 12:56:46 EDT 2004

If anyone is interested...there is a much better way to run a RAMDISK
on solaris than is in the FAQ.

However it requires an up-to-date version (12/03 or 04/04 I believe).
(older versions didnt seem to include ramdiskadm)

There is a very limited number of inodes available from the tmpfs file
system.  And you can't change it.  It's not uncommon to run out of inodes
on /tmp - often a situation that can kill the machine, since there are
many processes that need to "scribble" on /tmp.

If you are interested, please email me off the list and I will be happy to
help.

Jeff

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA