[Mimedefang] Extremism or just leveling the playing field..

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu Apr 8 21:41:55 EDT 2004

Boy, as I sit here and watch the spammers try to

A: use me as a relay (same IP, multiple tries)
B: scan for usernames
C: try and deliver to bogus names I've used on the net

I would love to have a hook in mimedefang to auto-blackhole these
IP's... kinda like the greylisting where the entry times out after a
while.. but after so many misses, the IP gets null-routed...

I know there's probably ways to do this.. I'd just have to sit down and
do it.. but don't have the time...

But don't you guys and gals get mad when you see some pathetic loser try
and bash the doors down to your mail server??

Yeesh. I'd like to rub the nose of my local legislative reps in this
stuff...

But - enough ranting.