[Mimedefang] Something strange with RAZOR enabled

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 14:45:04 EDT 2004

FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT, MIMEDefang 2.42, SpamAssassin 2.63 and Razor-Agents
2.36.

When I enable the razor checks in SpamAssassin I add about a 10 second
delay to mail scanning.  Without Razor, but with RBLs, I see delays of
up to 2 seconds.  As soon as I add the razor checks the delay jumps to
12-15 seconds.

What's really, really, strange is that the razor checks take under a
second (I've upped the razor logging to check).  A manual run of
spamassassin against any email takes less than 2 seconds, even with
razor and the RBL checks.  It's just that with the razor checks enabled
I get an extra 10 seconds of, well, nothing...

Anybody got any suggestions as to how to track down where the time is
going on this?

TIA

--
 Rob MacGregor (BOFH) [PGP key ID 0x1E51BF5A]
        If I cannot bend Heaven, I shall move Hell.