[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.42 + group directory permissions

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 04:10:25 EDT 2004

I take it back, it worked fine for the duration of my testing.  The
second I started passing real email through it all went to pot :(  I'm
back to the following:

/mdefang-i387jcjG039965:
total 42
drwxr-x---  3 mailnull  mailnull    512 Apr  8 08:45 .
drwxr-x---  4 mailnull  mailnull    512 Apr  8 08:45 ..
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull    373 Apr  8 08:45 COMMANDS
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull    325 Apr  8 08:45 HEADERS
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull  31014 Apr  8 08:45 INPUTMSG
-rw-------  1 mailnull  mailnull      0 Apr  8 08:45 RESULTS
drwx------  2 mailnull  mailnull    512 Apr  8 08:45 Work

/mdefang-i387jcjG039965/Work:
total 66
drwx------  2 mailnull  mailnull    512 Apr  8 08:45 .
drwxr-x---  3 mailnull  mailnull    512 Apr  8 08:45 ..
-rw-------  1 mailnull  mailnull  31079 Apr  8 08:45 INPUTMBOX
-rw-------  1 mailnull  mailnull  30685 Apr  8 08:45 msg-39886-3.txt

I've tried putting explicit chmods in and various other things, none of
it seems to work.  I've tried disabling softupdates and that didn't
solve it either.  The first run always works, permissions are set as
expected.  After that I get 100% consistent results as above.  I even
got desparate enough to put a pair of explicit chmods in the
entity_contains_virus_clamd() function - no dice, though it worked with
2.41.

It looks like I'm going to have to either run clamav as the mailnull
user, something I was trying to avoid, or go back to clamav-milter -
something I was trying to avoid :(

Sadly at this point I'm horribly out of my depth.  My perl is barely
enough to allow me to understand what's already been written and I just
don't have the skill or time to read the entire source.  Which leaves me
back where I started - crying out for HELP (please)!

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?