[Mimedefang] 2 Questions

Mark Penkower mark at roycenet.com
Wed Apr 7 14:01:52 EDT 2004

The README file for Mimedefang suggests this entry for sendmail.mc:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, f =T,
T=S:360s;R:360s;E:15m')

My sendmail.cf (I don't remember why I varied) reads:

Xmimedefang, S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m

Mimedefang is working properly - I am missing the E:15m entry - What is
or is not happening due to the lack of this entry?

Also,

I see in some posts references to the file /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang.  I
don't have this file.  Therefore, what are my default maximum slave
processes?

At various times during the day, I have typed "pgrep mimedefang | wc
-l."  It has returned values from between 6 an 12.  I think that it is
unlikely that the number will ever be greater than 20.

Are the default settings ok for me?

Thank you.

Mark Penkower