[Mimedefang] Black Listed

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Tue Apr 6 16:30:40 EDT 2004

>This would not be acceptable to me at home on my cable modem.  I only use
>my cable modem ISP for transport only.  My mail accounts require
>authentication before I can relay off them.  If I relay through an
>Adelphia server, but have a StumpyDogs.org or RVClub.net address on the
>email, that could look like a forgery.

Nor to me. I prefer running my own mailserver so I can filter spam and viruses. Something Time Warner does not seem to have the capacity for.

I have noticed regular relay checks (wbout once every 2 weeks) by Time Warner of my mailserver. All of which fail of course. So they are trying to weed out misconfigured servers. haven't heard a peep out of them so far about having to shut mine down. I doubt I will, as it saves them resources.  Not only on their server but I'd be calling the techdesk quite regularly to complain about the spamlevel. :-)