[Mimedefang] Black Listed

Andrea Venturoli ml.ventu at flashnet.it
Tue Apr 6 20:09:22 EDT 2004

** Reply to note from Ken Morley <ken at jmtg.com> Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:53:51 -0400

> One of AmeriTech's customer sent a bunch of spam.
> A recipient submitted the spam to an RBL.
> The RBL examined the IP address of the spammer and determined that the IP
> block is assigned to AmeriTech.
> The RBL complained to AmeriTech.
> Ameritech did not respond to the RBL that the problem had been corrected.
> The RBL put AmeriTech's entire IP block on the RBL list.
> You were blacklisted because AmeriTech's entire IP block is on the RBL list.

Unfortunately I also think that many blacklist doesn't even bother to check whether the ISP is willing to cope.
They just put them in the blacklist when the threshold is above a certain value.
But by the time an ISP with millions of customers has warned one, another ten will have mailed spam :(

As for those blacklists which want money to remove an entry, I think they are really mad!!!
I should pay to send you mail???
Just hope no one gives them a cent.

I think Kevin's rant is not so far away from reality... :(

 bye
        av.