[Mimedefang] Black Listed

Andrea Venturoli ml.ventu at flashnet.it
Tue Apr 6 20:09:22 EDT 2004

** Reply to note from "Peter A. Cole" <peteracole at bigpond.com> Tue, 6 Apr 2004 21:51:34 +1000

> It's getting harder and harder to stop spam without inconveniencing innocent bystanders.

Ok, I understand this, but I really think the problems with rbls are by far outweighting the benefits they introduce.
We all agree we *MUST* fight spam (isn't that the reason we are here on this list?), but there are a lot of
different means...

> My ISP here (Bigpond) is about to implement blocking port 25 for all their
> dynamic IP customers.

Good! That's ok with me, as soon as their smtp server, which I'm then forced to use is not blacklisted!

> As for a real solution to spam? I think in principal it's quite easy. No mail
> server should accept mail from any mail server that is not correctly
> configured. ie should have correct reverse MX records, reject mails with
> forged headers, etc. If this was done, spamming would become irrelevant.

Good again! I even implemented SPF for the domains I handle... now I just wish other servers would check :(

 bye
        av.