[Mimedefang] Black Listed

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Apr 6 10:50:49 EDT 2004

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 04/06/2004 09:06:35
AM:
> Here is the best part of the story.  I contacted the ISP and he said at
> first that he had no control over who was blacklisted and I needed to
> get Ameritech to resolve the problem.  In the next breath, he took my
> IP's and said he would make a change.  Here is the original reject
> message I recieved from the ISP:

Did he indicate which RBL he was using?  BlarsBL was the only one that
that came up when I ran your IP address.  But he wants a minimum of $500
(with $1000 deposit from new customers) as a consulting fee to even look
at why he is blocking you.

Your customer may be using a different RBL, and perhaps should be
encouraged to stop using RBLs (I'm not convinced of their accuracy) or at
least switch to a higher quality list.