[Mimedefang] Black Listed

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Apr 6 08:33:27 EDT 2004

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 04/05/2004 10:02:14
PM:
> I have a few problems with this...  First, my domain was not the one
> that was blacklisted, according to the ISP.  If, what he says is true,
> every Ameritech customer in the midwest, maybe further, will not be able

> to send email to any ISP subscribing to this blacklist.  This doesn't
> even sound possible to me.  Secondly, my domain was not the one
> blacklisted.  Why would lax mail security on another domain or a
> compromised home user account have any bearing on my ability to send
email?

Happened to us to.  We have a real class B netblock (not a supernetted
group of class C's), and we provide internet connections to over 100
school districts.  One of them had an open relay, so we got blacklisted
for our entire block.  I forget which list it was on, but it pissed alot
of people off.