[Mimedefang] Error Creating File

Ray Spinhirne rays at admin.stedwards.edu
Mon Apr 5 16:10:41 EDT 2004

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Ray Spinhirne wrote:
>
> > Apr 5 11:21:28 acad mimedefang[21024]: Could not create mdefang
> > directory in /var/spool/MIMEDefang: File exists
>
> > We are running a pretty old (2.16) version of Mimedefang in
[cut]

> You should upgrade!  2.16 is old, and fairly buggy.  Perhaps you could
> try a cheap Linux box as a drop-in filtering machine first?  Even
> a low-end PC could outperform an HP-UX box if the PC uses the multiplexor
> and the HP-UX box doesn't. :-)

I was afraid that was going to be the answer.  Actually I have a surplus
of HPUX boxes now.  What I don't have is much time to change things.  And
the users are pretty much out of patience with any disruption in (or
modification of) service as they are in the "got to get a semesters
worth of work done in the next 4 weeks" mode.  I was hoping for some
kind of temporary fix that would get me into summer.
.
Thanks
Ray