[Mimedefang] limiting nested mime multiparts

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Sun Apr 4 19:59:48 EDT 2004

On Sun Apr 04 2004 at 12:58, Kelsey Cummings wrote:

> I need to implement a filter that will block nested multiparts beyond a
> certain depth before handing off to the virus filters.  Anyone using clamav
 [...]
> I've reviwed the MIME:Parser module but don't see a method for finding the
> depth of recursion.  The existing MaxMIMEParts doesn't seem to catch this,
> or it it's supposed to, it's not working for me, even with the patched
> MIME:Parser module.
>
> Any suggestions?

Just a thought... each multipart is handled one at a time by the
filter() function, so you could implement a counter in there and
reject (or do whatever) once the function has been called a maximum
number of times for a message.  (You might need/want to make it
smart about looking for repetitions of certain mime types etc).

Cheers
Tony