[Mimedefang] limiting nested mime multiparts

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sun Apr 4 20:52:14 EDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Kelsey Cummings wrote:

> I've reviwed the MIME:Parser module but don't see a method for finding the
> depth of recursion.  The existing MaxMIMEParts doesn't seem to catch this,
> or it it's supposed to, it's not working for me, even with the patched
> MIME:Parser module.

The MaxMIMEParts looks only at total number of parts, not recursion depth.
Clam shouldn't use huge amounts of memory for recursive parts (I can't
see a reason why a 50-part message would take substantially different
amounts of memory depending on recursion structure.)

However, I'm now the maintainter of MIME-tools, so I'll consider this
as a feature request. :-)