[Mimedefang] bad_exts - reject and notify?

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri Apr 2 17:51:52 EST 2004

J.D. Bronson said:

>>I do it like this because I saw no real benefit of notification it just
>>annoys the postmaster.
>>I've been using this method for a couple of zillion messages without
>>complaint from either sender or recipient.
>
> Thanks Luke...but why the quarantine ?

In case someone needs a file, I can get it back really easily.
It doesn't really add any administrative overhead to quarantine files.
Just run a script to delete them after a month.
Then if you need to restore a file...they are their...makes you look
uber-good.
I've restored a handful of files in a couple of terabillion quarantined
files.

file::scan was incorrectly classifying a file as "suspicious", so I
configured it to not ignore File::Scan classified "suspicious" viruses.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering