[Mimedefang] bad_exts - reject and notify?

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri Apr 2 14:05:16 EST 2004

J.D. Bronson said:
Just do this:
action_quarantine
action_bounce
Don't bother notifying anytone, the bounce message notifies the sender.
The bounce messages says something like:

"Your potentially harmful extensions was blocked, please rename your file
extension or zip it to resend it...
Please contact postmaster at yourdomain.com with questions."

I do it like this because I saw no real benefit of notification it just
annoys the postmaster.
I've been using this method for a couple of zillion messages without
complaint from either sender or recipient.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering