[Mimedefang] bad_exts - reject and notify?

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Fri Apr 2 09:18:09 EST 2004

     # Bad extensions
          $bad_exts =
'(ade|adp|app|asd|asf|asd|asx|bas|bat|cab|cbt|cgi|chm|cil|cmd|com|cpe|cpl|crt|csc|csh|css|cvp|dll|dot|drv|eml|.....

Currently, I am deleting bad_exts and notifying both the recipient and
and the postmaster:

     if (filter_bad_filename($entity)) {
         md_graphdefang_log('bad_filename', $fname, $type);
         action_change_header("Subject", "$Subject ** Message Altered **");
         action_notify_administrator("An attachment sent to: @Recipients\n" .
"from: $Sender\n" .
"named  $fname \n" .
"was suspicious and therefore deleted.\n");
         return action_drop_with_warning("An attachment named * $fname *
was removed from this email as it\nconstituted a security ha
zard.\n");
     }

..is it possible (and if so how) to do the following:

1. REJECT the email
2. Send the recipient+postmaster an email with who/what/why.

Basically the same as I have now, but yet reject the email rather than
deliver it with a dropped attachment...and still notify user/postmaster.

Thanks for any tips...

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA