[Mimedefang] md_check_against_smtp_server question

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Apr 1 11:30:34 EST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> be queried cannot be reached.  Since I am implementing this on the Backup
> MX, I NEED it to queue if it can't be reached.

> I was thinking that one parameter could be added to allow for this and I've
> worked up the following code for comment:

You don't need to hack the function.  Just do this in filter_recipient:

sub filter_recipient {
	my($recipient, $sender, $rest) = @_;
	my($answer, $explanation) =
	    md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recip, "helo", 'server');
	# Convert TEMPFAIL to CONTINUE
	$answer = 'CONTINUE' if ($answer eq 'TEMPFAIL');
	return ($answer, $explanation);
}