[Mimedefang] Re: Great open letter about anti-virus, emails, bounces, etc.

wrolf.courtney at donovandata.com wrolf.courtney at donovandata.com
Wed Sep 17 16:07:01 EDT 2003

What recent news from the UK?

Sevo Stille <sevo at radiox.de>wrote:
The implication is that while filtering for non-corporate-owned mail
servers may have the side effect of filtering a considerable amount of
malware and spam, you aren't really tackling malware and spam. As
mimedefang/SA/clamd will recognize beyond 95% of all spam and 100% of
all malware we receive, I do not really think that filtering rules that
attack phenomena which in spite of some statistic relation are
politically wholly independent of spam and malware are the right way to
go. I'd rather improve on spam detection than prohibit behaviour which
is per se legitimate - and which, going by recent news from the UK, may
even be desirable in some places.

Sevo

Wrolf Courtney
Donovan Data Systems, Inc.