[Mimedefang] Problem with Spamassassin

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Tue Sep 2 18:18:08 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Urs Köster wrote:

> Are there any additional configurations I have to make, e.g. do I need
> to have spamd running or do I need to tell MIMEDefang the spamassassin
> path somewhere?

MD doesn't talk to spamd, and the spamassassin script doesn't need to be
in the path because MIMEDefang doesn't use it either.  It uses the
Mail::SpamAssassin modules directly.

When you run 'mimedefang.pl -features' do you have two lines listed (not
together) like this?

SpamAssassin                  : yes
Mail::SpamAssassin            : Version 2.55

If not, MIMEDefang doesn't "know" that you have SpamAssassin installed.
reinstall MIMEDefang.

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA