[Mimedefang] OT: Sendmail rewrite from address

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Tue Sep 30 17:11:07 EDT 2003

> On 26 Sep 2003 at 14:56, Lucas Albers wrote:
>
>> I am having a problem configuring sendmail to rewrite domains.
>> (....)
>> I have 80 linux machines that are configured to smarthost their mail

Thank you for the information.
I very much appreciate the numerous replies both on and off the list,
I finally fixed it thus:
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc
dnl rewwrite mail sent to or from csnet lab computers to cs.montana.edu
dnl we want to rewrite mail from csnet to cs
MASQUERADE_AS(`cs.montana.edu')
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE(/etc/mail/masquerade_domains)
FEATURE(`genericstable', `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')dnl
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/genericdomains')dnl
FEATURE(generics_entire_domain)

This rewrites lab computers to send mail back to our mail hub....
contents of genericstable:
@cslab1.csnet.montana.edu       %1+relay at cs.montana.edu
@cslab2.csnet.montana.edu       %1+relay at cs.montana.edu

contents of masquerade_domains: