[Mimedefang] OT:Need to patch razor if you upgrade SA to 2.6

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Tue Sep 30 14:58:03 EDT 2003

Aaron Paetznick wrote:
> Is this true?  What is everybody elses experience?  I'm running MD
> v2.37, SA v2.60, and Razor v2.36 (unpatched), and my razor log shows
> that it's working like normal.  Maybe this is true with spamd, but
> not MD?

Dunno about MD (I have $SALocalTestsOnly left at the default 1), but
it's been strongly recommended on the SA list, and in spite of the fact
that I haven't seen it, I figured it was the Right Thing To Do (TM)
anyway.

Since I couldn't get the original patch to work, I rebuilt it manually
and applied it on the Razor2 RPMs I built and posted to my FTP.

IIRC, SA calls the Razor libraries directly rather than invoking a
command-line tool- much the same way that MD calls SA by default.

-kgd
apartment it is.