[Mimedefang] OS wars... [was Viruses: Bounce or Discard?]

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Sep 30 14:47:00 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 11:44, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

> > >From the Terms of Service your customers agreed to when they signed up.
>
> Ways to get this sold to your audience.

I think all of this talk about what an ISP should do misses the bulk
of the problem.  My outbound email is not processed by an ISP at
anything beyond a circuit/packet transport level, and most of
the inbound mail I see comes directly from other corporate servers
with no ISP intervention.

Sprint has just offered a service with a 30 day free trial to
pre-scan email for viruses and spam and we'll probably take
them up on it for comparison.

---
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com