[Mimedefang] exe gets past Mimedefang

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Sep 30 09:56:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Joseph Brennan wrote:

> Some virusmail product got an executable past Mimedefang this
> morning.

Any MUA that interprets that as an .exe attachment is broken; see the
MIME RFC.  I've written a few times before that while I will try my
best to make sense of broken MIME, there are limits.  It's up to you
to ensure your MUA's are at least semi-sensible.

(Didn't the file-content "MZ" trick work for you?)