[Mimedefang] MIME defang causing errors in HTMLmail?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Sep 30 08:09:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Håkon Nilsen (Exinet AS) wrote:

> I've gotten this html mail that's not working properly, and I've found the
> reason to why it isn't. In the HTML-code there are lines like this:

>  0" backg

This is most likely NOT a MIMEDefang issue, but a Sendmail issue.
See a Sendmail book and read a discussion of the "L=" mailer equate.
Sendmail wraps over-long lines by adding an exclamantion mark and
then splitting.  I have no idea why it would wrap a relatively short
line like the one you showed, but MIMEDefang never does anything like
that.