[Mimedefang] MIME defang causing errors in HTMLmail?

Håkon Nilsen (Exinet AS) hakon.nilsen at exinet.no
Tue Sep 30 07:37:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm using MIME defang with SA on a RH7.3 system running sendmail.

I've gotten this html mail that's not working properly, and I've found the
reason to why it isn't. In the HTML-code there are lines like this:

 0" backg
round="http://www.domain.no/images/adresse_bak.gif" height="19">

I figured at first that this must be an issue from the person sending me
this HTML mail. But he claimed it wasn't. So I tried sending this mail to a
mailserver not running MIME defang and all that, and the same line looks
like this:

background="http://www.inventum.no/images/adresse_bak.gif" height="19">

The first line has a '!' in it, followed by a \n. Also, in the same line, it
has another \n (linebreak). But this isn't the case on the other mailserver,
so there has to be something going on with either md, sa or sendmail.

Anyone know what this problem could be, and perhaps a way to resolve the
issue?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Haakon Nilsen