[Mimedefang] Mimedefang 2.36 and how to drop a blocked attachment message - action_bounce?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Sep 29 20:37:01 EDT 2003

--On Monday, September 29, 2003 4:18 PM -0500 Les Mikesell
<les at futuresource.com> wrote:

> Correctly?  Mail doesn't have to be symmetrical and there is no
> way to get back to the originating client pc other than take
> it's word for the mailbox it will check later.  I suppose there
> are ways, but none dictated by email standards.

Doh! I realized what I was asking a few minutes later, forgetting all the
one-way MTA's in the world.

In an ideal world, an ISP's submission server should note the IP that submits
email and note the matching account in the queue. If the delivery is then
rejected, it has a reasonable place to send the bounce to.

Following this idea, how might one set up MD on an office gateway server to
NOT let locally-generated (on the same host) bounces escape the premises, but
pass bounces from other internal servers?