[Mimedefang] Viruses: Bounce or Discard?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Sep 29 16:42:57 EDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Ben Kamen wrote:

> > It's called "fixing a distortion in the marketplace" or
> > "making people responsible for their choices".

> <sigh> As much as I agree with you (and I do - just playing devil's
> advocate) - they don't HAVE a choice.

Everybody has a choice.  Claiming a lack of choice simply perpetuates
the problem.

My parents run Linux.  That was mostly my choice, I admit.  They know
very little about computers, and I refused to install Windows for
them.  So they learned Linux.  I installed a fairly locked-down
XFCE desktop, taught them to use Mozilla, and installed DOSEMU and
WordPerfect 5.1.  They're happy.