[Mimedefang] various mimedefang issues

Brian C. Hill bchill at bch.net
Mon Sep 29 16:14:03 EDT 2003

	I am using the following:

	SunOS 5.8/sparc (64-bit)
	gcc 3.3.1 (64-bit)
	SpamAssassin 2.6.0
	mimedefang 2.37

	1) mimedefang + multiplexor - perl processes SIGBUS'ing

	A truss of the perl process doesn't seem to shed too much light
	on why it is dying, other than it always seem to be preceded by
	several brk()'s. It doesn't do it after every mail message
	scanned, either, but always after a few (3 or so). Is this a
	memory leak?

	2) SpamAssassin

	After reading all of the special information about using
	SpamAssassin (several times actually), since it says to read it
	before posting to the list, :-), I am still confused as to how
	to get this to work. I see the entry into the SA module and the
	Spam-Score header it returns, and that MD deletes that, but I
	am still not sure what I need to do get MD to quarantine it.  I
	added the begin filter lines, too.  Can someone send me his/her
	configuration?

	I assumed that this gets asked over and over again, but I am
	not seeing any questions on this. If someone could point me to
	the relevant documents, I would appreciate it.

	3) Bouncing

	I know that people have strong opinions on this, but I am a big
	fan of immediately rejecting unwanted email, versus queuing &
	than bouncing, discarding or qurantining it. Do I need to add
	some special sendmail.cf stuff to get that to work?

Thanks for any hints...

Brian