[Mimedefang] Viruses: Bounce or Discard?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Sep 29 15:42:02 EDT 2003

Well - hmmm... so I would blame my mom/dad and charge her/him $0.10 for
every virus they send out because some script-kiddie wrote malware on a
platform from a company that's known for thumbing up their nose at the
concept of security.

Too bad we can't charge back M$ with the problem in terms of wasted
bandwidth. I think if we were fair and charged it per byte against the
charge for a line's given monthly bandwidth, it would add up to some
real party money.

As for poor Dan Geer... that boy needs a job! And something does need to
be done about licensing schemes from software companies.

I'm not one to say that people don't make misteaks (grin)... but I think
M$ abuses the priveledge as so many critics have said.

But blaming the user for using an OS they almost "have" to... that's
tough. There is a responsible party.. I just don't think it's the end user.

  -Ben