[Mimedefang] SMFI Error Message

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Sep 29 15:27:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Jeff Grossman wrote:

> I was looking over my maillog log file today and noticed the following error
> lines:

> Sep 29 08:58:37 apple mimedefang[5770]: h8TFwHi5001681: smfi_addheader
> returned MI_FAILURE

I've been seeing those too.  Don't have a clue what they mean, and
MIMEDefang seems to be working nonetheless.

I changed MIMEDefang (around 2.36) to be much more paranoid about
checking return values of Milter functions.  So these failures were
most likely happening all the time, but just were never logged before.
I suspect a bug in libmilter.