[Mimedefang] large systems

Kimmo Jaskari kimmo.jaskari at eget.fi
Mon Sep 29 07:33:01 EDT 2003

Kenneth Porter scribbled on Sunday, September 28, 2003 12:20 AM:

> --On Saturday, September 27, 2003 11:22 AM -0400 "David F. Skoll"
> <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
>
>> I would recommend CanIt-PRO, of course. :-) The DB and Web interface
>> are already done for you, as is the ability to have per-user
>> customization.
>
> And of course for pricing there's the "email the sales guys" link. I
> always hate that when I just want to get a ballpark figure for
> different sizes, so I know what to tell clients. Does the price
> change too
> rapidly to put a
> "list" price on the website? Or is there some other subtle reason I'm
> not clever enough to guess why the price isn't there?

No, what it means is, roughly: "If you are on a limited budget and actually
have to ask what it costs, you a; probably cannot afford it and b; will
require medicinal oxygen to recover after seeing the number." ;)

Not necessarily true of CanIt, but in general I've found companies do this
when they know that putting a list price up there will scare the crap out of
people.

--

 European Game & Entertainment Technology Ltd Ab
 Kimmo Jaskari, System Administrator
 kimmo.jaskari at eget.fi  -  http://www.eget.fi