[Mimedefang] Re: calling action_bounce() for viruses

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Fri Sep 26 10:59:01 EDT 2003

On 09/26/03 at 09:22, 'twas brillig and F.M. Taylor scrobe:
[...]
> Case#2
> Same as above, except that I attempt to bounce the message, along with everyone
> else in the world who is bouncing the message.  I MAY be able to contact your
> mailhost on the first try and send the message back, I may not, in which case I
> have to queue it and try again.  This puts an extra load on my server for
> something that neither on of us wants, a virii infected message.

	Nope. Your machine never accepted the message, so you're not
requeueing. action_bounce tells sendmail to refuse acceptance at the
SMTP level, not to accept and then send back.

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key