[Mimedefang] calling action_notify_sender() for viruses

Sevo Stille sevo at radiox.de
Thu Sep 25 18:48:01 EDT 2003

David F. Skoll wrote:

> Right.  I won't be adding an interlock between virus detection and
> action_bounce.

Uh, sorry that I don't have time to check the code right now: What is
action_bounce actually doing: Reject the mail, or generate a bounce
message to sender? The former is fine when dealing with spam and worms,
the latter isn't. We'd better leave generating a "undeliverable" message
to the first MTA whose delivery is rejected - it won't help that much
right now, but given the current state, ISPs will hopefully sooner or
later stop to generate bounce messages for outbound mail where the
sender address is external.

Sevo

--
Sevo Stille