[Mimedefang] Cost of NAI

Dee Taylor dtaylor at tracediecast.com
Thu Sep 25 13:34:58 EDT 2003

:: I read the license and re-read the license.. ::

Peter,
You are right about this. The license, in server mode, is for the number of
users that actually run the software. Since MIMEDefang is the only user,
only one license.

:: Uvscan is an after thought to them. After all how many viruses do you
find
targeting Unix. The viruses being cleaned by Unix Servers are destined
mainly to Windows system; furthermore, I had to buy a 5 User License of
Netshield (Windows and Novell) to get it.  I do not use Netshield, will
never use Netshield and that was what I was arguing about.  I was buying
something I would never use. When I got the product, which only comes on CD,
uvscan wasn't even mentioned in the License that came in the box. The only
difference is the copy that comes with NetShield doesn't produce that
EVALUATION COPY message that the downloaded version does. ::

This is not the only way to get the full version of UVscan for UNIX. As I
said before, we got our license from a VAR and downloaded the full version
from NAI's secure web site. You have to log onto it using your Grant Number.

Dee

:: For that matter NAI has a much more expensive product designed
specifically
Unix.  Something they call WebShield.  I wanted and needed the command line
product.::