[Mimedefang] RE: New to this - Adding text to indicate SPAM e-mail

McWhirter,Julia julia.mcwhirter at superh.com
Thu Sep 25 10:27:00 EDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: McWhirter,Julia
Sent: 25 September 2003 15:07
To: 'mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com'
Subject: New to this - Adding text to indicate SPAM e-mail

I have just installed and setup the following.

Sendmail 8.12.9 + libmilter

Mimedefang 2.37

Spamassassin 2.55

Perl 5.8

All the appropriate perl modules etc.

It is all installed on our smtp server (Sun netra X1 running Solaris 8)
that gets all e-mail prior to piping it into our exchange server.

I am using mimedefang with the multiplexor and have mimedefang-filter
setup.

All I really want to do is mark the message subject with the text
"[SPAM]" so that users can just make sure it is and auto-delete if
necessary.  I can extend the configuration later.

So far it adds the spamassassin.txt report but I cannot see how to add
any text to the subject.  It also does loads of stuff that I am not sure
I want it to, but I can just disable this when I have done some more
testing. I am new to all the spam filtering stuff.

Regards

Julia.