SV: [Mimedefang] Best free antivirus

Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be
Thu Sep 25 02:30:01 EDT 2003

I am using NAI uvscan for Sparc/Solaris

People at NAI don't know this Solaris version very well, but it works
fine.  The biggest problem for me was to find out what to buy :
"VirusScan Security Suite, Small Business Edition" (5 users license)
is the box I bought.  The CD's are labeled "VirusScan Enterprise v7.0"

Greetings,

Karel

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Kimmo Jaskari wrote:

> Since we're running on a Sun Sparc machine, I had some problems finding any
> commercial antivirus products in the first place. Finally tracked down NAI
> and their uvscan, they have a solaris binary that works just fine. Most of
> the others that MD can use are pretty much "Linux only" when it comes to
> non-win32 use.
>
> What I can't find however is info on how to register the trial version, how
> much it costs and how I'd go about doing that. I'm a bit hesitant to deploy
> the server into production use until I have a licensed copy. Anyone here
> alreadu using uvscan know what gives? Will the trial version time out on me
> if I can't get any response from the folks at NAI? Mailed them two days ago
> now and haven't heard a peep.
>
> I'll probably install Clam too just to be on the safe side...
>
> --
>
>  ___________________________
> |
> | European Game & Entertainment Technology Ltd Ab
> | Kimmo Jaskari, System Administrator
> | Torggatan 13 A, FIN-22100 Mariehamn, Åland, Finland
> | Phone: +358 (0)18 24158, Mobile +358 (0)4575 759 158

Karel De Bruyne
System/Network Manager                phone            + 32 3 820 22 04
UA - Network Service                  fax              + 32 3 820 22 49
Universiteitsplein 1 - B0.12          email     Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be
B 2610 Wilrijk - Belgium              http://www.uia.ua.ac.be/u/dbruyne