[Mimedefang] Cost of NAI

Peter P. Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Wed Sep 24 20:38:00 EDT 2003

I read the license and re-read the license..

Uvscan is an after thought to them. After all how many viruses do you find
targeting Unix. The viruses being cleaned by Unix Servers are destined
mainly to Windows system; furthermore, I had to buy a 5 User License of
Netshield (Windows and Novell) to get it.  I do not use Netshield, will
never use Netshield and that was what I was arguing about.  I was buying
something I would never use. When I got the product, which only comes on CD,
uvscan wasn't even mentioned in the License that came in the box. The only
difference is the copy that comes with NetShield doesn't produce that
EVALUATION COPY message that the downloaded version does.

For that matter NAI has a much more expensive product designed specifically
Unix.  Something they call WebShield.  I wanted and needed the command line
product.