[Mimedefang] Filtering new Mirosoft virus email ...

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Wed Sep 24 20:21:02 EDT 2003

Justin Hennessy wrote:

>Thank you very much for this, spam is a real problem for me here. Do you think it is worth investigating setting up Spam Assasin?

Most certainly.
I just set up sendmail / mimedefang / spamassassin at home and tempted
fate by posting to the mysql mailing list ( there are some spammers'
bots that scan the list for email addresses daily ). Now I'm getting
about 15 rejected messages per day - some ( about 10 ) because they have
the most recent polymorphic virus thingy attached, and the remaining 30%
or so because they are spam. I've only had one spam message get through
so far.
This account previously was only known by my friends and recieved no
spam at all.
So yes, SpamAssassin is well worth it.

--
Daniel Kasak