[Mimedefang] monkeys.dom UPL being DDOSed to death

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Sep 24 16:50:01 EDT 2003

--On Tuesday, September 23, 2003 10:59 PM -0500 Justin Shore
<listuser at numbnuts.net> wrote:

> Every server associated with the DNSBL operation is
> being attacked.  The provider and it's associated HW is being directly
> attacked.  And IIRC I read that one DNSBL maintainer's other non-related
> customer-type boxes were being attacked.  It's apparently a no-holds-bar
> event.

So how many hosts, total, are under attack, and how many networks (ie.
bottlenecks) are involved? How many secondaries would be needed to make this
attack impractical?

I wonder if one could leverage Kazaa to carry signed zone files to replace
traditional DNS transfers?