[Mimedefang] Cost of NAI

Dee Taylor dtaylor at tracediecast.com
Wed Sep 24 13:07:28 EDT 2003

:: Dee,

    The license version of uvscan cost me $135.00 and I had to buy a minimum
5 licenses and only comes on the Enterprise VirusScan CD. ::

This is true for the Enterprise edition. However, if you only run uvscan on
your mail server, as we do, you can buy the much cheaper version  ( uvscan
command-line for UNIX) for around $17.00. After receiving your License Grant
you can register with NAI and download the Tar file.

::Good news is you get 5 licenses of which covers Novell and Winders.  I had
to call McAfee to
get the CD with the licensed version of uvscan.
Regards,
Pete::

Of course this is the way to go if you want to also run McAfee on your
desktop machines. We use Symantec.

Dee