[Mimedefang] Error - Overlong line in RESULTS file!

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Wed Sep 24 13:07:00 EDT 2003

At 09:34 AM 9/24/2003, Barry Byrne wrote:
>Sep 24 14:34:17 onyx mimedefang[64713]: h8ODY92x047976: Overlong line in
>RESULTS file!
>
>Anyone come accross this before?

I started seeing those after upgrading to SpamAssassin 2.60, always on
messages that tripped a lot of SA rules.

SA has dropped the terse_report feature in favor of better customization of
the report template.  After I redefined the report template in local.cf
(see /usr/share/spamassassin/10_misc.cf for an example) and replaced
_SUMMARY_ with _REPORT_, the frequency dropped from several times an hour
to about twice a day.

I suspect there's a length limit on how long a header can be, and the SA
report is triggering it.  But even though I have MD set to keep failed
directories around, it's still deleting the ones for these messages, making
it impossible to diagnose the exact problem.

Kelson Vibber