SV: [Mimedefang] Best free antivirus

Kimmo Jaskari kimmo.jaskari at eget.fi
Wed Sep 24 08:10:01 EDT 2003

Since we're running on a Sun Sparc machine, I had some problems finding any
commercial antivirus products in the first place. Finally tracked down NAI
and their uvscan, they have a solaris binary that works just fine. Most of
the others that MD can use are pretty much "Linux only" when it comes to
non-win32 use.

What I can't find however is info on how to register the trial version, how
much it costs and how I'd go about doing that. I'm a bit hesitant to deploy
the server into production use until I have a licensed copy. Anyone here
alreadu using uvscan know what gives? Will the trial version time out on me
if I can't get any response from the folks at NAI? Mailed them two days ago
now and haven't heard a peep.

I'll probably install Clam too just to be on the safe side...

--