[Mimedefang] fetchmail and mimedefang for antivirus

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 02:03:12 EDT 2003

>From: "Keli'i Martin" <werureo at bellsouth.net>
>
>    I have been having a difficult time getting something to work.  I
>recently found a posting by doing a Google search, but I'm needing more
>help trying to figure this out.  The posting is here:
>http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2002-June/001564.html
>It's over a year old, which is why I am re-posting it.

It's always worth providing details of version numbers and operating
systems.

>    From what I've read, mimedefang is rejecting these emails and, as a
>result, fetchmail cannot delete the email from the server because it
>couldn't finish its job.  This is exactly what is happening with me.

For fetchmail, take a look at the anti-spam option (in the man page).  That
tells fetchmail to delete emails when it gets certain responses from your
SMTP server.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?