[Mimedefang] Using KAV/AVP with MIMEdefang

Håkon Nilsen (Exinet AS) nilsen at xinet.no
Tue Sep 23 03:45:10 EDT 2003

Hi, everybody,

I've installed KAV on my system for use with MIMEdefang, but it doesn't seem
to work. KAV itself works and has a license, so that's not the problem. But
in MIMEdefang KAV is called by this command:

        return message_contains_virus_avp()      if
($Features{'Virus:AVP'});

And I guess Virus:AVP is supposed to be a Perl module?!?

This doesn't exist on my system, anyway - so how do I call it? I've read the
config files for anomy sanitizer. Anomy runs the actual scanner directly
from the script. Is it a good point to implement this in MIMEdefang? I guess
this is up to us end users to alter the example config files.

Anyway - If AVP is indeed the same as KAV (I think they made some
changes...), how can I make it work.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Haakon Nilsen