OT: Top-posting (was Re: [Mimedefang] Interesting anti-HTML filter side-effect)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Sep 22 16:01:03 EDT 2003

Actually, I've given him much grief on that footer... it went something
along the lines of:

 >>> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
 >> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
 > Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)?
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.

 >> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
 > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

THAT's why top posting is ok.

MOST people have no problem reconstructing an inverted conversation
thread when it's text right in front of them. Also, depending on the
email sorting (I sort newest-at-top) it doesn't matter anyway...

Of course we don't talk that way - but I'm typing, aren't I?

  -Ben