[Mimedefang] SWEN identifier: TO/FROM/SUBJECT

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Sep 22 15:19:00 EDT 2003

Based on observations in comp.mail.sendmail and looking at my growing
collection of defanged SWEN messages, it looks very consistent in one trait:
The From, To, and Subject headers are all present and *all upper case*. In
some cases the value of the header is empty, but the header name is always
present and all upper case. Here's a typical triplet:

> FROM: "inet message delivery service" <ymailroutine at rocketmail.net>
> TO: "Inet Recipient" <receiver at homeserver.com>
> SUBJECT:

Rather than quarantine these, I plan to discard messages meeting this
criteria, eliminating that disk load. (I'm getting about 500 Mbytes a day with
just a half dozen users, most of it addressed to one of my own accounts.)