[Mimedefang] Modify SA score if to many unknown users

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Mon Sep 22 09:36:01 EDT 2003

Hello,
	I asked this question awhile back.  At first, I was going to make a
custom SA rule for this, but then, after some help from you generous list
users, I came up with the following code.  Basically, the code rejects any
message that contains an address that I specify to be long dead.  The
addresses only get spam these days and anyone in the message with them is
sure to get spam as well so I bounce the *entire* message for *all*
recipients.  It you want to use SA, make a rule for each gone address, but
this code foregoes SA and saves CPU cycles.  Notice that if you use
stream_by_recipient, this goes BEFORE it.

Cheers,

Stefano

sub filter_begin () {
# Check for various recipients that need filtering out
   my @TrapAddr = qw(user1 user2 user3);
    my ($recip, $baduser);
    foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
        foreach $baduser (@TrapAddr) {
                if ($recip =~ /^<?$baduser\@/i){
                        md_log('spam', "Message sent to $baduser dropped");
                        return action_bounce("Invalid envelope recipient");
                }
        }
     }
    # This line causes all messages literally sent to more than one person
    # to be broken up and sent individually.  This allows for better per
    # person behavior by SpamAssassin
    if (stream_by_recipient()) {
        return;
    }